Sorry for anyone besides me that reads this. I just needed to write down all of the things I've been thinking about. Will post later what I come up with.
Things to work around/figure out:
1. The one network jack in the room is in the front corner opposite the door. I do, however, have access to a LONG cable.
2. The Promethean Board cables that attach to the computer are not that long. Options: Leave the computer where it's been or buy longer cables.
3. Organize the furniture so the filing cabinet can be close to my desk.
4. Keep a table by the door for daily handouts. (Students pick them up as they enter the room.)
5. Determine a way to have seating near my desk for students that need help/student worker.
6. Podium/table at the front of the room?
7. Have space for at least 27 desks.
Supplies that need to be handy for students regularly:
1. Graph & Patty paper
2. Rulers, Compasses, Protractors
3. Dry Erase Boards, erasers, markers
4. Scissors & Tape
Organizational things I need to "fix":
1. A place for students to routinely hand in assignments, quizzes, tests. Separated by class period?
2. A location for handouts for absent students. (3 different courses = three different locations?)
3. Desk/bookcase organizer for commonly used folders: copies to make, paperwork to be completed ASAP, etc. Couple this with #1?
4. A way to organize student papers: quizzes, tests, finals, etc
5. GET A PLANNER/ORGANIZER!